Lead Testing, Training, and Consultation Services
Lead is a highly toxic substance and exposure is known to cause a variety of health issues including brain and central nervous system damage, especially in children. The Secretary of Health and Human Services has described lead poisoning as the #1 environmental threat to the health of children in the U.S. Lead testing is recommended for all structures built prior to 1978.
Hernly Environmental's trained professionals provide soil, dust, water, and paint testing for lead.
- Paint testing using an XRF (x-ray fluorescence) device which offers immediate results for quick turnaround of reports.
- Risk Assessment, Paint Inspection, and Clearance Testing
- Bank and Lender required Testing
- Section 8 Paint Inspections, Clearance Inspections, and Consulting
- Water testing
- Household dust testing (dust is the primary route of exposure to lead in homes)
- Soil testing (direct link to elevated blood lead levels in children)